On Feb 13th, in Children's Religious Education (CRE)
we will be celebrating Our 5th UU Principle :
Right to Vote on thing that Concern us.
We will be doing this in a creative way!
Since it's the Lunar New Year (The Year of the Rabbit),
- We will be choosing who will help parade in the sanctuary in the big Dragon Puppet.
- We will choice who wants to get their face painted as a rabbit and vote on who will do this 1st, 2nd, 3rd.
- We will be voting on if we should eat mandarin oranges 1st or make paper lanterns 1st... or maybe there is another way we can vote on this... :)
- Also since its Feb 13th and Valentines Day is the following day on Feb. 14th, we will also be signing a Petition (and learning what that is all about) for the campaign Standing on the Side of Love! And helping to staff the Social Action Table with those Petitions.
- The older kids will also be hearing some stories about chooses and talking about what they would do in those situations.
- We will have a bunch of magical, justice, soul-filled UU fun!
And if you are looking for even more magic, come see the Lunar New Years Parade in Chinatown right after Church!